6/18/2011

Remember When They Said Marriage Was Hard?

They weren't lying. Tonight I came home to an empty apartment. I picked up my toothbrush and a tube of mascara. I texted a friend to see if I could crash on their couch and was on my way. My cats followed me to the door. They weaved between my ankles and twirled their tails around me. And I felt even more sad and more angry. I didn't want to be like my dad. I didn't want to leave for a night (or an undetermined amount of time) because I was angry/scared/tired/hurt/embarassed. I have to face it.

So my in-laws and my husband are headed here to talk. We'll see where it goes.

No one said it was easy. I never thought it was. But no one ever said that you'd actually think about walking out because your mother-in-law is a huge bitch.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you for being able to stay in it while it is hard. You know that the things that are worth the most are usually the ones that are the hardest to work for and leave us a little bruised at the end. But bruises heal...and love is worth it.

    ReplyDelete